Manningtree station car park is to be extended by 220 spaces. NCP has announced that the work will be completed by September 2019. The extension will be achieved by extending the surface area - to be completed by the summer - and then extending the decking.
Work is due to start in February 2019.
Wednesday, 19 December 2018
Tuesday, 4 December 2018
Following a recent meeting with Abellio and a visit to Derby, you may be interested in the following highlights:
- New trains update: -
- First two class 755 bi-modes now delivered to Norwich, with 20 expected by May. A pair will be used for Norwich in 90 from May 2019 (extra services)
- First new class 745 for Stansted Express under test, should be delivered early 2019
- First new class 720 now built, second nearly ready, third being assembled, fourth just a construction kit, In service autumn 2019.
- GA is still working to update its unreliable trains. Particular issue with 321 Renatus units in the recent past, but now 25 out of 30 in service and reliability much improved.
- Smartcards now introduced for season tickets a month and over, but cardboard tickets can be requested.
- In January two new products launched (i) a Flex Carnet (ii) 26-30 Railcard
- Delay Repay 15 will be introduced early in 2019, with lawyers currently as franchise agreement needs changing.
- A passenger assistance App is being trialled
- All stations apart from the least used have now got ticket vending machines.
- Customer newsletters being issued by email and hard copy.
- Infrastructure being upgraded at Norwich and Ilford for new trains. New depot to replace Brantham will be announced soon.
- Timetables will remain as they are (with tweeking) until May 2020. Most changes delayed until then. May change will be limited to the Norwich in 90 extra trains.
- Crossrail tunnels to GE main line will be opened between September and December 2019 depending on how testing goes.
- Changes taking place at Network Rail due to change of CEO. Looks promising for improvements.
- Infrastructure improvements will be driven but the GE task force
- Beaulieu Park, the new station proposed north of Chelmsford, proceeding on the basis of a three platform layout.
Thursday, 8 March 2018
Please note that the MRUA AGM takes place on Monday 12th March at 7.30pm in the station buffet. You will receive an update on progress in lobbying local MPs about excessive fare increases and car parking charges, poor reliability of trains and infrastructure, the replacement of Manningtree level crossing and when the new trains ordered for our line are likely to be delivered.