Friday, 30 October 2009
Thursday, 29 October 2009
Tuesday, 27 October 2009
NXEA have some new stands to replace the 'toast rack' types that have been damaged as it seems to be the case that the racks are being vandalised to gain access to cycles. They hope to have these installed by the end of the November at the latest. This will also prevent motorbikes from parking under the cycle shelters.
Unfortunately it was not possible to extend the cycle area this year due to budget constraints but NXEA have ensured it is included in next year's cycle improvements so the storage area can be extended.
NXEA did have a cycle initiative planned for Manningtree (to hand out free bike transponders and advice with BTP) but sadly this was cancelled due to the recent planned driver industrial action. They do still plan to hold this event but need to coordinate the BTP and others to ensure it can go ahead.
Sunday, 25 October 2009
Friday, 23 October 2009
Thursday, 22 October 2009
Wednesday, 21 October 2009
The ongoing introduction of additional carriages to the NXEA fleet now means that a number of trains can be lengthened. The introduction of the winter timetable on 13th December will see a number of changes implemented and those of interest to Manningtree and Harwich branch passengers are:
Trains increased to 12 carriages
- 18.32 Liverpool Street to Ipswich
Trains increased to 8 carriages
- 08.00 Harwich Town to Liverpool Street, (8 carriages from Colchester)
- 16.15 Liverpool Street to Harwich Town, (8 carriages to Colchester)
Other changes being introduced include:
- 16.30 (Mon-Fri) Ipswich to Colchester re-timed to depart at 16.32 and is extended to run through as an additional service to London Liverpool Street
- 19.00 (Sundays) Liverpool Street to Norwich will call additionally at Chelmsford, Colchester and Manningtree